Waterbury Public Schools High School
Credit and Graduation Requirements
- Twenty two (22) Credits and completion of four (4) years of high school are required for graduation.
- All students must follow the core curriculum as outlined by the Board of Education. Further, if a student has credits withheld due to unexcused absences, in accordance with the Board of Education attendance policy, those credits are declared unearned credits.
- Passing grade is 65.
- Included in the computation of student’s marks:
- Class work
- Test marks
- All computations are distributed quarterly by means of the Report Card.
|SOCIAL STUDIES||3 CREDITS|
|1 YEAR US HISTORY|
|½ YEAR CIVICS|
|PHYSICAL EDUCATION & HEALTH||1 CREDIT|
|ART/VOCATIONAL ED||1 CREDIT|
The other 7 credits are your choice. College bound students are recommended to take 4 credits (4 years) in the 4 major subjects.
In addition, a minimum of one foreign language for 2 years is recommended for college admission.
- No student may receive course credit for a full-year course after having been absent from that course more than 20 class periods during the school year.
- A student must be present for a minimum of ½ of the school day in order to receive credit for the day.